Monday, June 11, 2012

I am loving this band!

Have you heard Cults yet? I am so loving this right now. Jesse says they have an 80s kinda vibe. I guess I could see that - but they seem so right now too. 


Cults are from NYC, from what the internet tells me, and the group consists of a guy and a gal who decided to start making rad music one day. Totally diggable, right? I know! 


Even better, now those of us with the hair cuttin' bug have one more reason to grow our hair mega long, since the lead singer's hair is uber long, and therefore super inspirational. (P.S. I am not cutting my hair until it's long enough to headbang to the entire Black Album the next time Metallica goes on tour. This could take a while, since the tour looks like it is now over. Shoot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_European_Black_Album_Tour)


But I digress. In short, I really wanted you to check out this Cults video. I know I'm late to the game, as the album came out last year, but this song has been speaking to me as of late. Sorry Pitchfork, or other cool hipster music revelatory site - some of us are just never on time.


Without further adieu...






Most Wanted



up late at night all alone
can't you see that I'm trying?
trying so hard to hold on
to the things I know
but in the evening I will have to go
what I most want is bad for me I know


out in the dark, shaking hands 
in the street, I'm drifting
drifting away from my family towards my foes
my mother told me you'll reap what you sow
what you most is want is bad for me you know 


back in my home late at night
all alone, I'm flying
flying above all my troubles
my mind's a gull
when I am happy my heart starts to slow
what I most want is bad for me I know


late in the morning I wake 
all alone, I'm crying
crying for all of the people who love me so
but when we get sad we know where to go
what we most want is bad for us we know


flirtation
drug use
and adultery





2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I just thought of you for some reason and noticed you are not on my FB page anymore, so I searched for this blog instead. You have great taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Push! Yeah, I'm not doing FB anymore...too much out there I think! Anyway, thanks so much for your comment, and I hope we see you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!